Get into the holiday season with these scrumptious recipes from Simran Dhanju
Kaju (cashew nuts) Rolls
Ingredients: (Serves: 4-6)
- Potatoes – 500gms
- Cashew nuts, coarsely chopped – 100gms
- Stale breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 small
- Green chilli, finely chopped – 1to 2
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Plain flour – 4 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Boil the potatoes with skin on. Peel and mash them.
- In a bowl, put the mashed potatoes, onions, green chillies, red chilli, coriander powder, salt and fresh coriander leaves.
- Mix them well. Take a level tablespoon of potato mix and shape it into a croquette.
- Mix flour and water with a pinch or two of salt and make a smooth batter.
- In a bowl, mix cashew nuts and breadcrumbs together.
- Now, dip the croquettes in flour batter; roll them in breadcrumbs and cashew nut mix.
- Place croquettes on tray; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry croquettes in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
Mutton Seekh Kebab
Ingredients (Serves: 4-6)
- Lamb or mutton mince – 500gms
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 medium
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2-3
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped – 2tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped – 2tbsp
- Garlic paste – 2tsp
- Ginger paste – 1tbsp
- Garam Masala (spice mixture) -1tsp
- Cumin powder – 1tsp
- Red chilli – ½tsp
- Egg – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2tbsp
- Chat masala – 1tbsp
- Lemons – 2
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
- Mix mutton or lamb mince, onions, green chillies, coriander and mint leaves and grind it to a fine consistency.
- Now mix ginger and garlic paste, garam masala, cumin powder, red chilli, egg, salt and a tablespoon of oil in the mutton mince mixture. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Thread the mince mixture on skewers by applying water on your hands.
- Cook the skewers either in preheated oven at 250°C or on the electric grill or griddled pan on stove.
- Baste it with oil in between and cook on all sides until completely done.
- Sprinkle with some chat masala and lemon juice and serve hot with mint yoghurt chutney.
Also check this out…