Feel the sweet vibes of the season with food that spells love
Decadent Red Velvet Cake
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5½tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line two muffin trays (of 12 cups each) with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with your cake mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add to it the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla; mix well before stirring in the baking soda and vinegar.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in another bowl and blend it into the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes – the top of the muffin should spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let it cool over a wire rack.
- Serve with the frosting of your choice.
Fresh Strawberry Delights
- 10 fresh strawberries
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts/almonds
- ¾tbsp icing sugar
- Chop one strawberry into cubes and set it aside.
- Remove the stems of the remaining strawberries in such a way that they can stand erect when arranged on the tray.
- Now make cross-section in each strawberry, starting from the pointed ends. Do not cut it through the stem end as the idea is to create wedges in it.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and mix in the diced strawberries, nuts and the powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag and carefully fill the wedged sections of the strawberry with it.