Gustoso Executive chef Eris Di Sannio and Sous chef Lorenzo Favero demonstrate the art of preparing homemade pasta and whipping it together with a scrumptious mushroom sauce
Tagliatelle with porcini (or any other kind) mushroom sauce
Ingredients for Tagliatelle (fresh made pasta) – 130gms
- 100gms white flour
- 2 eggs (only red)
- 1tbsp salt
- 10gms semolina flour
- Pour the flour into a bowl and spread it out to accommodate the eggs, salt and semolina.
- Knead all the ingredients to make a compact dough.
- Let the dough sit for around 40 minutes covered in cling film. Now divide it into three balls.
- Stretch out each ball with a wooden roll and flour, as needed, until each dough sheet becomes around 3mm thick.
- Roll each sheet 3-4 times according to the length, and then cut it in vertical lines with a good knife.
- Open the tagliatelle and let them dry on a table sprinkled with semolina.
Ingredients for the mushroom sauce (for approx. 150gms of tagliatelle)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp butter
- 1 piece garlic
- 150gms of (porcini) mushroom
- 100ml vegetable broth
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- In a medium pan, pour olive oil, butter and garlic and start cooking over low heat.
- When the butter is melted and garlic has become golden, add the mushrooms and salt.
- Let it cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, adding the vegetable broth* and stirring gently until the broth evaporates.
- In another medium pan, bring to boil some water and then place the tagliatelle into it. Let is cook for around 4 minutes.
- Drain the tagliatelle and pour them into the sauce pan; add pepper and parsley and stir for 1 minute over a very low heat.
* Vegetable broth: Bring to boil 500ml water and add 45gms vegetable stock in it. Allow the stock to melt. Your vegetable broth is ready.