Get creative with the everyday potato, as Simran Dhanju shares her favourite recipe
Potato Cheese Roulade
- 1 potato, large
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion small, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp red chilli powder
- Oil for shallow frying
- 10 sliced white bread
- Boil, peel and mash the potato; add cheese, onion, coriander, salt, green and chilli and combine well.
- Remove crust from the bread slices and roll them flat with rolling pin.
- Now divide the potato mixture in 10 equal parts and make a cylinder shape and place on flat bread slice; roll the bread from one end and seal the other end with little water to secure filling. Repeat the same for rest of bread slices.
- In a shallow pan heat the oil, place the bread rolls with seal side down and fry on low to medium heat until golden brown turning on all sides.
- Serve with sauce of your choice.
Also check out what you can cook with Pumpkins & Mushrooms.