A dash of sugar, a pinch of salt, a dollop of lemon juice and all things yum to give your lemonade a fresh new twist
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Water (1 ½ cups + 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To make the lemon syrup:
Bring to boil the lemon zest, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
To make the strawberry syrup:
Toss the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and let sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves. It will take about 45 minutes. Strain the strawberry mixture and reserve the strawberry syrup and berries separately.
To make the lemonade:
Combine the lemon juice, lemon syrup, salt and 2 cups cold water in a pitcher. In each glass, put about 1 tablespoon of the strawberry syrup, fill with ice and top with the lemonade and some of the reserved strawberries.
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary (reserve some for serving – optional)
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup agave nectar or other natural sweetener
- Lemon slices for serving (optional)
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the rosemary and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and cool to room temperature.
- Stir the lemon juice, agave nectar and 1 cup cold water in the pitcher. You could add more lemon juice or agave nectar.
- Serve on ice with more rosemary and/or lemon slices.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
- 6 lemons, juiced, plus 4 lemon slices, for serving
- 2 cups club soda
- Mix the sugar in 1 cup water in a small pot and heat until the sugar dissolves and the liquid just comes to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the ginger.
- Let it cool. Now strain the syrup into a large jar and throw the ginger. Add the lemon juice to the syrup and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a glass put ice cured, pour 1/4 cup of the syrup and top up with some club soda.
- Add a slice of lemon to each glass and serve.