When the winter evenings turn up the chills, cook up a hot soup and enjoy the pleasant moods of the season
Hearty Chicken Soup
- Chicken breast – 300gms, cooked and chopped
- Chicken broth – 4 cans
- Vegetable broth – 1 can
- Egg noodles – 1 ½ cups
- Celery – ½ cup, chopped
- Carrots – 1 cup, sliced Butter – 1tbsp
- Onion – ½ cup, chopped
- Dried basil – ½ tsp
- Dried oregano – ½ tsp
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and fry onions and celery until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken and vegetable broths and stir in the chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring it all to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Easy Vegetable Soup
- Olive oil or any other cooking oil – 1tbsp
- Onion – ½, chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Celery – 2 ribs, chopped
- Carrots – 2, sliced
- Mixed vegetables – 2 cups, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic powder – 1/2tsp
- Thyme – 1tsp
- Oregano – 1tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Water – 8 cups with 2 cubes of vegetable bouillon (or 8 cups vegetable broth)
- Tomatoes – 1¼ -ounce can
- Heat oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion, minced garlic, carrots, and the celery. Stir for 3 – 4 minutes until onions turn soft. Add the rest of the vegetables and heat for just another minute or two.
- Add salt, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano, making sure to coat the vegetables well.
- Add bay leaf, water or vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and allow your vegetable soup to simmer until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serving suggestion: Dip croutons or crackers just before serving or place them alongside to dip and eat.
Enjoy some Guilt Free Recipes here.